My last couple days of modeling has been a necessary repair on a switch, a three way Shinohara code 83. I'm not sure what happened as I only ran into it after the fact. Long story short, the ties melted under one part of the switch. Obviously a direct short, but cant figure exactly what happened, there was a few people operating here that day, and this is on an industrial branch "Hindsight Industrial RR". You know as they say, stuff happens right? Just gotta deal with it. So, I digs the melted switch ties out then the arduous process of trying to install a new throw bar under the points. Bought a bag of these Shinohara throw bars years ago, never needed one till this weekend, boy I like to never found the bag LOL. After digging out the melted ties I used a cut off wheel to grind the top of that tiny little rivet that holds the throw bar to the points. After much colorful language I managed to use the very tip of a round toothpick glued onto a small flat piece, then managed to get that tiny rivet placed just right and soldered, whew, what a project that was. I then took Basswood ties dipped in Black/Brown (mixed) leather dye, and placed them under the rails, super glued into place. Using a NMRA standards gauge spiked the stock and diverging rails. It works just as good as before, I got lucky, and saved a bit of $$, took a few hours to do it but the repair is done, and ballast re-applied. Should be good to go.