Running southward, the Ash Grove Sub left the Turnback Creek valley, and it followed Sinking Creek to gain elevation. "Hidden" in this small valley was the small hamlet of Pilgrim. Although small, Pilgrim did rate a Post Office. The Frisco presence consisted of a 14'-2" x 22'-2" depot, which was built in 1889 and privy. Originally a 60 car passing track and 12 car team track served the needs of the community. By 1923 the depot had been closed; it was sold on 11/20/1933 and moved. Perhaps it's still standing in a nearby field or pasture. During the Depression the team track was retired, and later during the war years the passing track was lengthened to 95 cars, and during the middle 50's it was lengthened again to 124 cars. The out of the way location made Pilgrim a good spot to put a train in the hole; a train could wait for other trains with out having to cut for crossings. The Pilgrim general store closed during 1971.