I got my mojo working so I dived right into a new project. My first attempt at building my branchline 4-4-0 was fair but the boiler was humped instead of straight like the one in my prototype photo so I started over. I began with a new fresh Bachmann Old Timer. I disassembled it and cut the hump section out with a razor saw. I spliced a straight section on from the old model with CA. I removed all plastic detail parts and used the brass details from the first attempt. I even used the scratchbuilt cab from the old model. I removed the molded on plastic running boards with a sharp #11 blade and replaced them with wooden ones made from Northeastern Scale Lumber. I used Green Squadron Putty to fill holes and hide seems and airbrushed it. I added chains to the tender frame. My first attempt used a tender from an old Rivarossi Genoa 4-4-0 but that was a janky affair at best. I prefer to use the original Bachmann tender and dress it up. Here's some photos for those interested.