Ash Grove served as a junction point with the KCCS RR, and Ash Grove White Lime Company had a quarry(with it's own internal rr) and a lime kiln located to the west (rr north) of town. The Frisco served a mill, stock pens, and cannery as well. There was enough rolling stock passing through town to justify placing a carman(car repairer) in town. This lasted until 1927. The KCCS also maintained a 3 stall engine house The Frisco also placed a watchman at the Sac River bridge, C181.7, and he had his own house at that location. The bridge over the Sac, as built, was 956' long. It was comprised of three segments. The north approach was a 464 foot long, 4 leg frame bents on mud sill trestle. The center segment, which crossed the river was a 97'-10' x 8'-2" steel, deck plate girder. The south approach was a 494 foot long, 4-leg frame bents on mud sills. The north approach suffered fires on July 15, 1931 and on September 19, 1931. Seventy four bents were replace with a combination of 5-leg, framed bents and 6-pile bents. Fireproofing was applied to the bridge members. Both legs of the KCCS wye survived the abandonedment of that line as industry tracks.