Probably a good question for Karl Brand...

Discussion in 'Heavyweight Cars' started by TAG1014, Jun 9, 2013.

  1. TAG1014

    TAG1014 Supporter Supporter

    Karl--What is the correct name of the triangular pieces of metal at the top of the ends (alongside each side of the doors) of non-vestibuled cars that act as a shock absorbing devices rather like leaf springs? Vestibuled cars don't have them as the vestibule would collapse in the event if a crash to absorb the shock. I never knew what those things were called??

    Thanks, Tom
  2. Karl

    Karl 2008 Engineer of the Year Supporter

    Re: Probably a good queation fro Karl Brand...

    Are you talking about the AT (Anti-Telescoping)Plates?
  3. TAG1014

    TAG1014 Supporter Supporter

    I didn't know what they were called, but that is the perfect description.

    Thanks, TG

Share This Page