Wooden cabooses

Discussion in '001-999' started by Larry F., Nov 17, 2014.

  1. Larry F.

    Larry F. Member

    In looking over photos of the wooden cabooses in the 800-900 series there appears to be a cable running the length of the car beneath the body....can anyone tell me the purpose of this cable? Secondly, were any of the slogans("ship it...) applied to the the tongue and groove cabooses or was this reserved for the smooth sided rebuilds? Thanks in advance. Larry F.
  2. Jim James

    Jim James Staff Member Staff Member

    You mean like this cable? I'm not sure but it's fun to model and adds cool detail.
  3. klrwhizkid

    klrwhizkid Administrator Staff Member Administrator Frisco.org Supporter

    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  4. William Jackson

    William Jackson Bill Jackson

    Larry, their is another thread on this, but that is called a "Caboose Chain" or "Caboose Cable" They used to use it for a pulled drawbar or other items, like a derailed car that the knuckles would not make. I have used it to slew the trucks, to get the wheel close to the rail, so it would climb up on a re-railer.
  5. Larry F.

    Larry F. Member

    Thank you to one and all. I agree it would be a cool addition. Guess I'll knock the dust off that American Model Builder's kit and build it. Larry F.

Share This Page