Discussion in 'Depots A-F' started by FriscoCharlie, Mar 19, 2013.
Cooks Station; a history of the depot pp 23, 24.
Wesco Depot is very similar to Cooks Station's depot
Wesco Depot is the station to the north of Cooks Station's depot. Both are in the upper Meramec River valley on the Salem Branch Route; originally built by the St. Louis, Salem and Little Rock Railroad.
From Richard Crabtree on Frisco Rails Across Missouri:
Here we are at the Frisco Depot in Cooks Missouri (Cooks Station). Cooks Station had its start in the 1870s when the St. Louis and San Francisco was extended to that point. The community was named after C. C. Cook, a local resident who paid the railroad company in exchange for the naming rights. A post office called Cook Station was established in 1874, and remained in operation until 1998.
Photo 1) Frisco Depot at Cooks Station, Mo circa 1940s
Photo 2) Frisco Depot at Cooks Station, Mo Plan ~ courtesy MSU Digital Collection
Photo 3) Crawford County Map ~ 1906
Photo 4) Frisco Depot at Cooks Station, Mo 1956
Click here for current view
Separate names with a comma.