Thread: Frisco Depot Monett, Missouri

RICHCRAB Guest

Engineer Frisco Depot Monett, Missouri

Hello Frisco Folks

Here are smoe photos of the Frisco Depot in Monett, Mo

Take care, Rich

Ship it on the Frisco!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frisco Depot Monett, MO.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, Mo5.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1900s-a.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1900s-b.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1960.jpg  

Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1979.jpg  

Frisco Meteor Guest

Default Re: Frisco Depot Monett, MO

Monett Mo Station Postcards and Photos

FM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frisco Depot Monett, Mo 1.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, MO 2.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, Mo 3.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, Mo 4.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, Mo 5.jpg  

Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1900s-c.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1910s-a.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1910s-b.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, MO 1910s-c.jpg   Frisco Depot Monett, Mo street.jpg  

Engineer Re: Frisco Depot Monett, MO

Monett, MO Station - 1917 Sanborn Map
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Monett Mo Station 1917.jpg  

Engineer Re: Frisco Depot Monett, MO

Monett, Mo today I have found all that remains of the passenger station foundation, platforms, and the existing Frisco/BNSF station for employees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Monett, Mo Station - View NW towards 4th St .jpg   Monett, Mo Station  platforms - View W .jpg   Monett, Mo Frisco-BNSF Station and platforms - View SW .jpg   Monett, Mo Frisco-BNSF Station - View S .jpg  

5. Default Re: Frisco Depot Monett, MO

My grandpa, Bud Boyne, was a freight conductor for the Frisco. His runs were between Tulsa and Monett. He never took trains into Springfield. They’d always change crews in Monett then go on from there.

As a kid, I always thought it was strange that they wouldn’t just go on to Springfield. I guess there were either regulations or union agreements that prevented it.

My grandpa didn’t mind it though as he had family in the area. In fact he was born in Monett and his dad, who was an engineer for the Frisco, was transferred to Tulsa just as they moved the main yard from Sapulpa to Tulsa.

If anyone out there happens to have known or worked with my grandpa I’d appreciate any stories you might want to pass on about him.
    Last edited by tboyne; 03-08-2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Regards,
    Terry

Radio Equipped

6. Default Re: Frisco Depot Monett, MO

Terry,

He retired in 1980 just before the merger and passed away in 1982. His given name was Harold but most folks called him Bud or Buddy Boyne. I don't recall him ever running through to Springfield though. I think he always stopped at Monett.

I would bet you guys would have worked together as Tulsa - Monett was the only run he did.

I remember asking him if the BN and Frisco would ever merge after I heard the news of the potential merger and he was adament that it would never happen. Oh well...
    Regards,
    Terry

Radio Equipped

7. Default Re: Frisco Depot Monett, MO

Terry,

In talking with my dad last night I discovered that in his later years, my grandpa did in fact make the runs through to Springfield.

He didn't like that change at all because when he stopped at Monett he could stay with family rather than having to pay for a motel. Also he was out on the run longer when they went up to Springfield as the layover was longer.
    Regards,
    Terry

Radio Equipped

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monett_missouri.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	597.3 KB 
ID:	23124

Here's another.