Thread: Frisco 2012 Convention in Tulsa

Exclamation Frisco 2012 Convention in Tulsa

• Saint Louis - San Francisco Railway Historical and Modeling Society 2012 Tulsa Convention

22 September 2012

Due to low signups, the
    convention may be cancelled. Read thread for details.

Here are a few more details about the convention including schedule, meeting room layout, and menu: http://www.frisco.org/vb/showthread....7850#post47850

Convention Hotel
    Trade Winds Central Inn
    3141 East Skelly Drive
    Tulsa, OK 74105-6375
    918-749-5561

Registration Form: Frisco 2012 Tulsa Convention.pdf
    Last edited by friscomike; 09-08-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Default Re: Frisco 2012 Convention in Tulsa

Will there be any modeling workshops at the event? I and I'm sure others would like to know, so we can bring some tools, etc. Just a thought.

Manny
    Manny
    YesteRRails L.L.C., Owner/Operator
    San Antonio & Aransas Pass Railroad (1884-1925)
    San Antonio, Fredericksburg & Northern Railway (1913-1917)
    "Reflecting the Frisco influence in the railroads of the Texas Hill Country"

We are planning to have up to 4 modeling clinics and 4 prototype. The collection of clinics are still under way, but will post more details later.

There will be a planning meeting Saturday, July 28, 12:30pm at the Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett, to review convention progress.

We still need more Tulsa volunteers!

Joe Lovett
    Last edited by Joe Lovett; 07-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Manny and others: Be sure to bring stuff for "Show and Tell." Tools to show a technique would be great.
    Everybody: There will be door prizes. The first package from manufacturer has arrived.
    Steve M
    "hanging out on the Bentonvile Branch"

Engineer Re: Frisco 2012 Convention in Tulsa

Frisco 2012 Tulsa Convention

22 September 2012

Here are a few more details about the convention including schedule, meeting room layout, and menu: http://www.frisco.org/vb/showthread....7850#post47850.

Can't wait,
    Mike Corley
    Retired Website Manager
    Ship it on the Frisco
    FRISCO.org

The convention committee met Tuesday night Sept. 4th to discuss the upcoming convention. Joe Lovett reported that we only had eight registrants as of today. The committee decided that unless we have at least twenty registrations by noon on Friday the 7th that we are going to pull the plug on the convention this year. If the date is the problem for such a low response then we can get an early start on hosting the convention in Tulsa next year at a more convenient date.

What is particularly puzzling is that during the voting period nineteen members voted for Tulsa to host the convention. Where are you? Joe Lovett stepped up and took on the chairmanship position based on that vote which showed reasonable interest in Tulsa as the location. Much work has gone into the planning by Joe and his wife Cynthia, and my hat is off to them for their work. However, is it all for naught? If you are interested in a convention this year, now is the time to step up and register.

Terry Jankowski

7. Default Re: Frisco 2012 Convention in Tulsa

So wish that I could plan to attend but with my career change planning anything much more than a day or two ahead of time is just not possible. When a person works on strictly a commission basis it makes it tough to plan ahead. I applaud the efforts of your committee. I wonder if you might have had a better response if your clinics were more Frisco specific. Just a thought and not intended to be a criticisim by any means. It is my hope that you reach your goal and the convention moves forward. If it does and my Sales are better between now and then I will try to make it. Best of Luck to you all. Thanks for your hard work and devotion.

Sadly, family commitments prevent my attendance this year

Tony LaLumia

Any way I could just attend the swap meet? Not that I would like to do all the other stuff, but I don't have the $$$ for a hotel room or for all the other events. The most I could do is run out there to the swap meet, then on my own run over to Tulsa Union Station and visit the 4500 and then turn back. Also if it is possible to just attend the swap meet would there be a small charge to get in. I could pay that, I just don't want to have to pay the full price of the convention for me and my grandparents to get in.
    Ship it on the Frisco!!!

Murphy Jenkins

For the second year in a row, I'll have to miss the Convention. We will be celebrating my granddaughter's first birthday, during this particular weekend. I'm excited for our celebration, but bummed out that I've missed two in a row.

Bob McKeighan
    Lenexa, KS

Joe, Terry, et al:
    I have been planning to attend since the date was announced, but I still haven't figured out how to register. Richard was going to set something up was the last I remember. I have hit on the headline, etc. several times over the last two weeks but can't get to a form or find an address.
    For the MOP convention you have to print out a form and mail it in; maybe some of our folks would prefer that? If they could also send a message to someone, not necessarily post that they are coming?
    I'm not sure what we would do with the door prizes, since some are gift certificates and some of the donors want to hear from us.
    Since I can't find the registration form, I don't know exactly how the fee is set up regarding the evening meal, maybe that's hurting?
    Steve M
    "hanging out on the Bentonvile Branch"

It is at the bottom portion of the headline banner section - http://www.frisco.org/vb/attachment....6&d=1343760543

It was suggested by one of the committee members that instead of requiring a mailed registration form to reach Richard Napper by noon on Friday, Sept. 7th, that we allow an email showing intent to attend the convention to suffice toward the minimum number of 20. The paid registration form must reach Richard no later than the 14th as originally planned. If we don't have the minimum number of registrations/emails of intent to attend by Friday the 7th, the convention will be postponed for now.

It is our desire to hold the convention, but we do need a reasonable number of attendees to justify the expense and effort.

Would love to go, however, committed to going to a wedding.

Sent from my Galaxy Siii
    Craig Fletcher

To help out the planners, I think any posts to this thread, should be: Who WILL be going so they can make a head count and finalize the plans one way or another. NOT who isn't attending. They can't make arrangements for who won't be there...

TG

My mailed registration form won't reach Mr. Napper by tomorrow, but we have been planning to be there and I plan to mail it shortly.

A question: Are there any details available about the non-rail activities for family members? And what registration information/fee is needed for them? Same as for the "primary" attendee?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley A. Scott View Post
    A question: Are there any details available about the non-rail activities for family members? And what registration information/fee is needed for them? Same as for the "primary" attendee?
    Bradley and All:

I am posting this on behalf on my wife Ronda who is the Non-Rail Activities Committee Member. I believe that it was decided that there would be no registration charge for the Non-Rail Activities as these would all occur off-site. Each participant would of course be responsible for their own admission charges at two of the venues, as well as lunch and then dinner in the evening prior to returning to the hotel.

Please reference the attached PDF document for the preliminary schedule she submitted a couple of weeks ago.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by klrwhizkid; 09-06-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: rotated pdf file
    Bob Hoover
    FriscoFriend
    Modeling a small segment of the Wichita Sub-Division, circa. 1980, in HO called the
    "River City Railroad & Amusement Co."