Thread: Concrete Trestle at Van Buren, Arkansas

Default Concrete Trestle at Van Buren, Arkansas

For those who may not have ever seen it, here are some photos of the "concrete trestle" which is located just south of the (former) Frisco passenger station at Van Buren, Arkansas.

The two pdf files are taken from ICC valuation reports of the area. The ICC track chart information is somewhat difficult to grasp since, in this area at least, SOUTH is located at the top of the sheet. On this particular chart the VB station is at the bottom of the sheet; 7th street crossover the center; and the concrete bridge at the top edge of the sheet. A careful look at trestle photo 4 illustrates the relationships with the station barely visable to the right of the tracks in the far distance.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Concrete Trestle 6.jpg   Concrete Trestle 1.jpg   Concrete Trestle 2.jpg   Concrete Trestle 9.jpg   Concrete Trestle 5.jpg  

7th Street VB.jpg   Concrete Trestle 3.jpg   Concrete Trestle 8.jpg   Concrete Trestle 4.jpg   7th Street looking south.jpg  

Concrete Trestle 7.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Concrete Trestle at Van Buren, Arkansas

In the smaller steel trestle that is closer to the depot than the concrete one there is still a faded Frisco coonskin on it. I would like to repaint it someday. You can barely see it behind the clearance sign in the second to last picture. This week if my computer cooperates with me I'll try and post a pic of the coonskin.
    Ship it on the Frisco!!!

Murphy Jenkins

Default Re: Concrete Trestle at Van Buren, Arkansas

Here is the photo I promised. Sorry it is late. My Computer doesn't always want to work right.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trestle.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	17146