Thread: Bigbee, MS

Default Bigbee, MS

I was very young but I remember a RR crossing on MS Hwy 6 at Bigbee near the intersection with MS Hwy 371, just northeast of Amory. There is (or at least was) a gravel pit across the hwy from the mainline. (The last time I looked, there was a box car just off the side of the highway near the edge of the woods near the location of old crossing.) Was the line simply a spur for the gravel pit or was there more to it?

Default Re: Bigbee, MS

I thought these images might bring back memories for the guys who worked the Bigbee, MS spur out to the gravel pit. I would still like a reply to the original post.
    Bigbee, MS - You can see a tree line where the spur split off from the Tupelo sub near the lower left corner.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigbee 1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	16519
    Dinky Rd. (old spur RR bed) looking away from mainlineClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigbee 4.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	16522
    Dinky Rd. (old spur RR bed) looking toward mainline (mainline off in the distance behind the light pole)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigbee 2.jpg 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	16521
    Looking Northwest toward Nettleton at old Bigbee crossing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigbee 5.jpg 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	16520
    Looking Southeast toward Amory at old Bigbee crossingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigbee 3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	16523