On the western side of the Lindenwood Yards, the Frisco crosses over Wabash Ave. and the River Des Peres, a storm water drainage canal. Immediately to the south of the 4 span, 3 track plate girder bridge is a natural gas transmission line and Interstate highway 44. The northernmost track used to lead to the T.R.R.A.'s belt line around the western edge of Saint Louis. On the western side of the bridge, the River Division splits from the main line to Oklahoma and is known as "Southeastern Junction". Assuming that the lettering is the same for both sides of the bridge, on the left is a large "FRISCO LINES" coonskin logo. The top line on the right reads "TEXAS-OKLAHOMA AND THE SOUTHWEST" while the bottom line reads "MEMPHIS-BIRMINGHAM AND THE SOUTHEAST". Photographs by Rich Lawler taken on September 17, 2006 and April 21, 2009.
Here's a link to a photo of what the top of the bridge looked like during the steam era: http://www.frisco.org/vb/showthread.php?t=1273