Question about 8032

Discussion in 'Boxcars' started by Oldguy, Sep 6, 2014.

  1. Oldguy

    Oldguy Member Supporter

    I ran across this end shot of 8032 and look at the bottom left of the car. I haven't seen any other car that needed a substantial support for an uncoupling lever. It looks like it might be cushioned underframe and the coupler face sticks out further than normal. Just curious.

    View attachment 8032 end shot.jpg
  2. yardmaster

    yardmaster Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

    OK, it's purely guesswork on my part, but the coupler looks like a cushioned coupler, sticking out farther from the end than it would normally otherwise. Perhaps the extra support is a shop-built extension for the uncoupling lever?

    Either way, I'll echo Bob's comments: I've not seen anything like it, either.

    Best Regards,

Share This Page