Added the final piece of bench work and started on the scenery. If only I learned important lessons early in the construction stage instead of at the end. After spending money on construction foam, etc, I discovered that sawdust works great for forming hills. Not the sawdust from a sander, but the coarse stuff from a planer, table saw, etc. After forming the rough shape of the hill, I dribbled glue / water misture on it, let it dry overnight, and put plaster cloth right over the top of the sawdust. It worked great!!! This long, narrow section has a passing siding that's about 9' long (780 scale feet). The siding comes together at the far end (newest portion of construction), and there's a 29" long section of track after the switch. I was going to make another liftout so that it would join the layout where the cotton gin is, but I'm about to talk myself into ending the layout here. By the way, the bumper track is temporary and just to keep from running something off onto the ground. The 29" section would make a great place to disconnect the motive power, use the siding to run around the string of cars, and hook the locomotives on the other end and run the train back the direction it came from. Frankly, I almost never run trains anyway. The layout is an opportunity to model and display the locomotives and rolling stock in a location that looks better than shelves. Switching operations would be great on this. Someday, if I decide to continue the layout and build the other liftout, it could be added with no problem. Anyway, that's where it stands at this point.