Caboose SLSF 1704

Discussion in '1700-1725' started by mark, May 27, 2010.

  1. mark

    mark Member

    Please see the following links for views of Frisco caboose SLSF 1704.

    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=156760 (7/10/2005)

    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1824514 (10/1/2009)

    http://cencalrails.railfan.net/bn11679mj.jpg (undated, Mark Johnson photo)

    This is one of the of the Frisco built cabooses intended for road and pool service. This car was constructed during 4/1973. It was built form a main car body provided by a Pullman Standard PS-1 boxcar, SLSF 18105.

    Note roof top restroom vent stack and smoke stack with support brace to the cupola. The first photograph shows the metal electrical conduit that connected to the roof eve red end marker light. On the cupola top you can see the replacement firecracker radio antenna. Originally it was equipped with a whip type antenna. The lower side sill hints at the car body's Pullman Standard origins.

    From left to right, under the cupola, below the side sill note the battery charging receptacle, battery box and drain pipe for the toilet retention tank. Unfortunately this car is in full paint for that successor railroad.

    This caboose is located in east central North Dakota at what is believed to be a city park. The car sits north of the relocated former Northern Pacific (NP) Railroad wood frame Pingree depot.

    The location address is 266 Alden St. (a/k/a Main St.), Pingree, ND 58476.

    Please see http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=LJZqmhw8kKviJB8henVjcQ&cbp=11,181.99,,0,1.96.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks!

    Mark
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010

Share This Page