Caboose SLSF 1417

Discussion in '1400-1442' started by mark, May 5, 2010.

  1. mark

    mark Member

    Please see the following link for a photo of Frisco caboose SLSF 1417.

    http://www.frisco.org/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=285&d=1128738241 (west side)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bsa534/2443515064/sizes/l/ (east side)

    This is one of the extended or wide vision cabooses intended for local service. It was constructed by the Frisco in the Springfield West Car Shop during 9/1975. The main car body came from a Pullman Standard PS-1 boxcar, SLSF 18430.

    We could use some updated photographs posted to this site for this caboose.

    This caboose is located in north central portion of Ashdown City Park. The park is on the city's west side, 2 blocks north of Arkansas Highway 32 (a/k/a Westside Dr.). The car sits south of the Arkinda-Ardmore Subdivision main track, near the end of a former turning wye. This is southeast of the diamond interlocking with the Kansas City Southern (KCS).

    The caboose sits on the south side of the road, east of the park conservation office, parking lot and northwest of several ball fields. The car's axis is oriented north and south. To the north is a wooded area that separates the park from the Frisco's main tracks. The south switch of the wye was approximately 200 feet north of the caboose and Gordon Dr.

    The car location address is 1200 Gordon Dr., Ashdown, AR.

    Please see http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...gkGK8kmCEn8tB8r8WRg6PQ&cbp=12,212.29,,0,-1.52.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks!

    Mark
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010

Share This Page